11.06.2006

how great...

it's never ceases to amaze me how so often God can be experienced in some of the most bizaar instances. i remember this summer experiencing the most intense moment of his presence in the face of a mentally disabled child as i spoon-fed her in one of mother teresa's care homes in india. never before have i ever so closely felt the presence and face of Christ right in front of me...and above all of that in the most unlikely circumstances. then today: i attended a memorial service on baylor's campus today for a nineteen year old freshman girl who tragically died while traveling back to school from seeing her boyfriend at another college. today i walked in and we began to sing songs that sang of God's greatness and majesty. i was absolutely dumbfounded as i watched the mother of this girl who had just lost her baby, with joy and intense worship singing with tears in her eyes:

how great is our god, sing with me how great is our god, all will see how great, how great is our god...then sing my soul my savoir God to thee; how great thou are, how great thou are!

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamingBIGdreams said...

I love it. THis brought tears to my eyes and I hope that not only in good times but also in bad times i can sing thatas well....

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home